Smart Thermostat is a device used for home automation in which everyone should invest. It is responsible for controlling room’s heating temperature and air conditioning. It is very convenient, it saves energy and money. Not all smart thermostats are equal, but here I will help you to choose best one for your smart home.
The thermostat is usually connected to the internet – that’s what makes it special. You can control/adjust heat settings from other internet connected devices, such as smartphones or tablets even when away from home.
Smart Thermostat Features
There are many advantages of smart thermostats over regular ones. Here are some of them are given below, have a look:
- Smartphone App Connection: The device works with smartphone apps. When you need to change the room temperature like warm up or a little cooler, log in to your smartphone and change your thermostat’s settings anytime.
- Get Email Alerts: Many of the Smart Thermostats supports push notification or email alerts when your home’s temperature is falling or rising outside your selected range. In case your thermostat is disconnected from its network, you’ll be notified instantly.
- Save Energy (& Money): The smart thermostats have energy-saving settings which can save your money on your heating and cooling bill. The smart thermostat can manage your home’s temperature on automation which will save a lot of energy and money.
- Keep an eye on your Smart Home from anywhere: You can check companion app while you’re away from home to see what’s the temperature of your home. You can get to know from anywhere that your home is running smoothly or not.
- Adjust the Temperature from anywhere: With smartphone app integration, you can control your home’s climate as per your needs from anywhere. Just imagine, you’re coming home from the office and it’s too cold. You can adjust your home’s temperature from your smartphone’s app.
Nest vs The Competition
Nest Learning is considered as one of the best smart devices in the market. The 3rd generation Nest’s Learning has a simple user interface and is compatible with wide range of smart home gadgets.
The ultimate goal of a “SMART Thermostat” is to act independently and control the comfort and temperature of home without your input. None of the Nest’s competitors have successfully passed in this with solid results. That is why. I recommend Nest Learning as the best addition for your Smart Home.
One of the best Pros of Nest is that the thermostat tracks your temperature preferences and schedule and then programs itself accordingly. But the company’s 2-year warranty is shorter than the industry average. It can be considered as a Con of Nest Learning, but still, this is actually smart and it is worth buying.
What makes it best? The Nest’s ability to program itself and its smart home compatibility make it the best thermostat that you can buy. It is so smart that it understands what’s your preferred temperature. Although Nest’s mobile App has user-friendly design and you can control it from anywhere, which is the best features of Nest Thermostat.
This post was regarding smart tech where I explained about the thermostat and their features. I also explained about Nest Learning and it’s competitors.
So the conclusion is that Nest is the best and highly recommended temp monitor or your smart home. The Nest’s competition is also getting smart and advanced, but still, Nest stands out of the crowd due to its excellent hardware and advanced software features. If you think this was an informative post, and if it helped you in any way then do share it with your friends, relatives, and colleagues. Do comment below and let me know if you face any issues in understanding the content of this page, I’ll be happy to help you out.
Wish you all the best with purchasing your new smart home device!